Sunday, September 6, 2015

Art Description

Hello, Hello today I am going to be shearing with you my Writing 2 from my literacy group Dick Frizzle. As you can see from the title it was an art description. I am sharing this with you because I am proud of my effort.

These Are The Steps I Took:

  1. Choose a Dick Frizzle artwork
  2. Put the name of Dick Frizzles artwork as the title*.
  3. Download and insert a photo of the artwork.
  4. Put your writing goal in the success criteria.
  5. First paragraph: Write an introduction that informs the reader of the sculpture you are going to describe.
  6. New paragraph: details about where it is, what it looks like and what it represents.
  7. New paragraph: What you like about it? Why did you choose it?. What does it say about New Zealand or our world? Why do you think Dick Frizzle made it?
  8. Conclusion: A personal comment - how does the artwork make you feel when you look at it? Say something to the reader about why it is special.

This is my description:

Mickey To Tiki Tu Meke.

This sketch is a Transformation of Mickey Mouse to a tiki, It is designed by a artist named Dick Frizzle. It is called Mickey To Tiki Tu Meke. Dick Frizzle is a famous New Zealand artist who grow up barefoot in Hawks Bay.

This piece of art starts out as Mickey Mouse then transforms in 6 steps into a Tiki. A tiki is something that is kiwiana and is often on a necklace.  There is a reversed version of this art that is Tiki To Mickey

The art tells us that there are similarities between NZ and Disney character.  I like this art because It is clever how he transforms one thing into another.  I chose this because it is one of my favourites from him.

Being happy and serious at the same time is something I find unique about it.  It is special to me because it was made by someone that went to the same school as me. And I believe I could do it too, with a little practice that is.

I liked doing this task. Please comment on my post and I will see you all next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bella! Awesome blog.
    You have lots of great articles to read. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete