Friday, May 13, 2016

Reading

Hello and welcome back to My blog! Today I thought that I would share with you my reading task for the book I read Grandparents Day.  I enjoyed doing this because it involved a lot of thinking.  My favourite part was comparing the things from old NZ schools and schools today in NZ; you can see it in my work.

Here it is:

Grandparents Day
Task 1
How do you think Granny and Pop are feeling when they are at the school? Explain your reasoning.
I think that they were feeling excited and relieved.  They would be excited to be there and spend a day with Isia. Relieved that they made it


Task 2
On page 41, Pop starts daydreaming about when he went to school. Do some research about school in New Zealand in the old days and compare it to school in 2016. Include at least 3 comparisons.


Old
2016
Everyone had a desk
Tables/mat
Blackboards
Whiteboards
Whacking with rulers if naughty
Tell of if naughty


Task 3
Find 3 new vocabulary words. Write them and their definition below.
Couldn’t really find new words!


Shudder
Shudder is something people do when they are scared/frightened
Opposite
Two differences boy-girl
Returns
When someone puts something back or comes back

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Great job Bella, I like the way you have displayed your findings too its very clear to understand. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reading task Bella. You did really good with this task!

    ReplyDelete